Ares SPAD S.XIII Ultra-Micro RTF (Hitec Red)
The SPAD S.XIII was a single-seat French biplane fighter that was mainly of wooden construction with a fabric covering and powered by a 180hp engine. This particular aircraft is modelled on Eddie Rickenbacker’s SPAD. Medal of Honor recipient, Eddie Rickenbacker was America’s most successful fighter ace of World War I with 26 aerial victories to his name.
The Ares SPAD S.XIII is a lightweight three-channel ultra-micro semi-scale model of the original. It features durable foam construction and numerous scale touches such as the 8-cylinder vee-type engine and Vickers machine guns with distinctive 94th Aero Squadron color scheme. Technically advanced the SPAD S.XIII incorporates a Hitec Red 2.4GHz receiver that’s compatible with all current Hitec 2.4GHz aircraft transmitters. For convenience, two versions of the model are available both supplied with Hitec Red protocol: choose either Ready To Fly (including a Hitec Red-enabled transmitter and receiver) or Pair To Fly (supplied with a Hitec Red receiver that’s compatible with your existing Hitec air transmitter). Weighing only an ounce, the SPAD S.XIII is ideal for indoor flight or outdoor flight in calm conditions.
- 100% ready to fly straight out of the box.
- Semi-scale color scheme replicating Rickenbacker’s 94th Aero Squadron aircraft.
- Micro size and light weight make it ideal for indoor spaces.
- Fully proportional throttle elevator and rudder control for exceptional maneuverability.
- Lightweight 1S LiPo flight battery attaches with magnets.
- Intermediate and expert pilots will enjoy the SPAD’s delightful performance.
- Crisp scale features include exhaust propeller undercarriage strut and panel detailing.
- Low speed characteristics mean the S.XIII is ideal for smaller flying sites.
- Superb duration and low speed characteristics.
|Wing area (sq. in):||87|